Trends in technology & Development system
Trends in technology
- Aluminum block liners
- In order to realize improved rigidity and high thermal conductivity properties of engine blocks, TPR has strived to develop specifications for cylinder liners that have high adherence to aluminum blocks at the time of die casting by controlling the coarseness of the outer casting surface with the features of long centrifugal casting, TPR's original technology.
- Technical Centre
- TPR's Technical Center was established in 2004 as a hub of technology development for achieving R&D advances to meet future needs.
Experiment / Analysis
- Engine Laboratory
- TPR maintains the Engine Laboratory to evaluate piston ring performance. Using this laboratory for product development and performance analysis, TPR has earned the solid trust of auto makers.
- Observation of oil transport in piston ring pack through a transparent cylinder
- Since reducing friction loss around the piston is a top demand, there has been a tendency for rings to be narrower in width and lower in tension. In this case, an increase in oil consumption becomes an issue. With a transparent glass cylinder, the mechanism can be analyzed.
- Reciprocationg friction testing machine
- CAE analysis
- TPR carries out CAE analysis as a tool to support product development and a variety of performance simulations, including structural analysis, thermal analysis, and behavior analysis.
- Friction measurement device