Trends in technology
Mainly through tie-ups with auto makers, TPR forecasts the future trends in engines and carries out development to meet these trends. The evaluation tester and circumstances are presented below.
WEAR RIG TEST MACHINE
- 1) For gasoline and diesel engines
- The demand for eco-friendly engines (fuel efficiency and high output) is expected to increase further in the future. TPR is striving to develop materials that can be applied to these engines with further improved performance.
- 2) Augmented test machine
- In addition to the existing tester (see photo at left), TPR is making efforts to develop test machines that are able to reproduce various combustion chamber environments.
- Cast iron head vehicles are common for medium and large sized diesel vehicles. For that reason, TPR has test machines for valve seats falling off.