Based on our Corporate Philosophy, we will continuously improve reliance on and customer satisfaction in the TPR Group, through pursuit of the highest quality, making the best in the world, the most in the world, quickly and affordably.
Quality Way (Guiding Principle)
The base axis of our Quality Control system is to conduct our work based on 4 guiding principles.
- Genchi-Genbutsu (actual place, actual thing) (scientific approach)
Increase quality skill, take a scientific approach
- Continuous improvement (hard & soft)
Continue hard & soft improvement continuously increase product quality/quality of work
- Fully complete in own process (the next process is the customer)
Resolve concerns in your own process, only pass good product onto the next process
- Everyone participates (independence)
Deal with all concerns and issues as your own
Quality Control Promotion Structure
QPR's Quality Activity Promotion Structure
Our company's quality management is overseen by the President, and its promotion is centered around the Company-Wide Quality Assurance Meeting and Global Quality Assurance Meeting. At the Company-Wide Quality Assurance Meeting TPR Board Members, heads of all locations and Quality Control Divisions participate, reporting on each location's activity results and critical measures, to work on improvements.
Also, the Global Quality Assurance Meeting is held to enhance the quality basis of Overseas Locations, and TPR locations work toward a global commonality. These two meetings are the basis of continuously improving reliance on and customer satisfaction in the TPR Group.
Quality Management System
At the TPR Group, at all domestic manufacturing locations, we have been certified with ISO9001, the international standard for quality management systems.
Also, at Nagano Factory, Gifu Factory and TPR Industry, which are the powertrain parts manufacturing locations, we have also been certified with IATF16949, the automotive industry quality management system.
TPR's Efforts in Recent Years
With globalization in recent years, the shift to overseas manufacturing locations has happened at TPR, too. To support this move quickly, we have made deployments to enhance Overseas Locations' quality to realize global highest quality.
The basis of that effort is the convening of the Global Quality Assurance Meeting.
Goal of the Global Quality Assurance Meeting
- Unified deployment of domestic quality efforts
- Proactively support the skill-up/development of national staff
- Enhance the mother function of the domestic location → enhance support for Overseas Locations
What goes on at the Global Quality Assurance Meeting
- Held once per year, all domestic and Overseas Locations gather at one domestic location → national staff are the main players
- Sub meetings are held for each product group → learn from one another by referencing what each location is doing for the manufacture of the same product
- Company-wide meeting → learn from one another by referencing each location's efforts
- Top management follow-up by the President → Consistent deployment is made widely known
Activity Organization for the Global Quality Assurance Meeting
Received the 2020 Quality Control Excellence Award from Toyota Motor.
We have also received quality awards from various other companies.。