Through reliable, cutting-edge technology, TPR supports engines that are gentle on the environment, society, and people.
The automobile society and next-generation engines face a number of challenges, particularly the need for improved fuel efficiency to more effictivity use limited resources and restrictions on exhaust emissions to halt global warning. TPR is contributing to development of engines that are gentle on the environment by leveraging its expertise and original technologies.
Technology for high fuel efficiency
- Reducing friction for greater engine performance and higher fuel efficiency
- Developing engines with greater fuel efficiency requires improvement in motion efficiency. Piston rings, located between the piston and the cylinder, support the up and down motion of the pistons at the heart of an engine. TPR is pursuing optimum materials and surface treatment to develop piston rings that oscillate with less friction, even under high temperatures.
Mass production of the world's first.1.5mm narrow width,two-piece oil ring,with low tension
- Reducing engine weight for improving fuel efficiency
- The lighter the car body, the farther it can be driven using a given quantity of fuel. Therefore, aluminum is used to develop smaller, lighter engines-the heaviest part of a vehicle. Along with the use of aluminum engine blocks, cylinder liners are also required, and furthermore, the cylinder liners must be thinner and smaller. We have developed a special cast iron cylinder liner that firmly adheres to aluminum by means of projections on the outer surface. The result is a lighter engine that delivers higher performance.
Surface of special outer rim cylinder liner
Technology to meet emission standards
- Coating technology provides the improved durability called for by emission regulations
- The incorporation of EGR and common rail fuel injection system into engine bodies to meet emissions regulations call for piston rings with greater durability than ever before. TPR uses a PVD coating technology and diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating technology for piston rings with greater durability. These advances also extend the operating life of the piston rings.
Nitrite nano multi-coating