What is a valve seat?
In short, valve seats are seats for intake and exhaust valves. Since they are in contact with the valve, the airtightness of the combustion chamber is maintained.
Valve Seats are needed these main functions.
- (1)Compression gas sealing
- Prevents compressed gaseous bodies and combustion gas from leaking into the manifold.
- (2)Heat transfer
- Releases heat in the valve to the cylinder head.
- Holds tight when the valve is mounted.
- Hard to wear down under high heat and high load.
required characteristics of valve seats
In addition, the following are required characteristics of valve seats:
With the sintering method (see chart at left), multiple functions are incorporated in one product.